Economic trend: Baby boomers aren’t retiring fast enough.
Many baby boomers aren’t retiring because of the 2008
recession. Semi-retirement is becoming more common for them. I found this on the
website The Balance. They are having a big impact of the economy. This leads me
to believe that millennials aren’t having enough jobs when they go into the job
force. I believe that there is some sort of opportunity for a job finder
company directed toward millennials. If millennials aren’t being able to find
jobs, that is definitely an unmet need. Millennials would be the prototypical
customer for this service. I think that the opportunity would be somewhat difficult
to exploit because there are already job finding companies. I don’t think there
are not any job finding companies that are directed towards millennials though.
I saw this opportunity because I am worried about getting a job after I graduate.
I’m going after a business degree so that is a broad field, but I am worried
about finding a job that I love.
Economic trend: Climate Change is causing more natural disasters.
This is having a major impact on the economy because these
natural disasters are costing so much money. I also found this on The Balance. I
think this information leads me to believe that an opportunity for some sort of
weather advising service exists. I think people that live in coastal areas are
worried about their homes and sea level rise. I think they would pay good money
to have an “expert” look at their situation and see if they are in danger of
the impacts of climate change. I think the prototypical customer would be
people living in coastal towns. I think the opportunity wouldn’t be too hard to
exploit. People are worried and I think they would jump on the opportunity to
see what risk they are in. I thought about this opportunity because I have a
family member that lives near the ocean and is at risk for sea level rise. I am
also personally worried about the effects of climate change.
Regulatory: Illinois Hunters can now wear Pink clothing
while hunting.
I believe that an opportunity may exist because I have only seen
pink hunting clothing once before unlike the usual orange. I think there would
be a market for a quality lineup of pink hunting attire. I think that the
prototypical customer would be breast cancer survivors or guys that just want
to rock pink. I think that the opportunity would be difficult to exploit because
the clothing market is a difficult one to get into. I thought of this opportunity
because I know people who are breast cancer survivors, hunters, and would wear
this.
Regulatory: Kids in Ohio will be required to write in cursive
by the 5th grade.
I believe that an opportunity might exist for an online
course that would teach cursive to these students. If students are going to be
required to know how to write in cursive by the 5th grade, there are
bound to be kids that don’t understand how to at school and have to learn at
home. I think the prototypical customer would be parents buying the course for
their kids. I think that the opportunity wouldn’t be too difficult to exploit because
people will need some way to teach their kids if their kids can’t learn at
school. I thought about this opportunity because I never really learned when
they taught cursive in schools. I learned how to sign my name but that was
really the extent of it. If there was an online course that taught it, I think I
would have understood it better.
The story about climate changing causing more natural disasters is a problem that the world in general needs to focus on. Those who focus on it now and the opportunities it presents will benefit from it in the future. I come from Miami so I really relate to this problem and I don’t see much being done about it.
ReplyDeleteThe article about "baby boomers" retiring was very interesting. I work in a corporation alongside many individuals who have worked there for 25-40 years and are past the age of retirement. Most of these coworkers have plans to retire in the next 3-5 years, however, I also know a few individuals who feel helpless when it comes to retirement and have no end in sight. I do think a company like this would have to be careful about age-discrimination.
ReplyDelete