Thursday, November 7, 2019

Elevator Pitch No. 3

1. The Pitch: https://youtu.be/u9aIaXgBb8g

2. A reflection on feedback received from last time: I got a bunch of feedback on my last elevator pitch. Everyone that said they didn't really understand my solution from the first elevator pitch said they understood it in the second one. That really stood out to me that I had such an improvement. I think all of the feedback that I received was positive, which surprised me.

3. What I changed: I made it a little bit shorter it terms of the number of words said. I spoke a little slower this time. I definitely felt more comfortable the third time. I was pretty nervous the first time around but after doing it a few times, I have gotten much more comfortable. I think the pitch is also better and I think I have around half of it memorized.

2 comments:

  1. Riley, I completely agree with you when you say that your pitch has improved. I think it was a good move to shorten it and slow it down a bit so that the audience can better understand you and therefore get more out of the pitch. I can definitely relate to what you said about being nervous the first time. I was not comfortable in front of the camera the first time but I ended up getting more comfortable after each pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that your pitch has improved over time and as you have clarified what is important to cover in the 90 seconds. I completely understand the nerve-factor; I am extremely "camera-shy" and had a more difficult time presenting in a video than in person, for some reason. Great job!

    ReplyDelete