The book that I decided to read was The Art of Social Media:
Power Tips for Power Users, by Guy Kawasaki.
The general theme of this book is giving suggestions about how
to create a good social media campaign for your business. He goes over how to
create a good social media from scratch. He didn’t write to book as the be all - end all, for how to create a successful social media campaign. It is just some
of the tricks and insights that he has learned throughout his various
experiences.
In ENT3003 we talked about some of the same things that this
book suggests doing. One of the same things is searching for your website in “private”
or “incognito” mode. It is kind of the same idea of link-backs, which is what we
talked about in class. He definitely went into some good detail with that and
helped enhance what I am learning in the class.
If I had to design an exercise for this class based on what I
read, it would be to create a social media campaign for our business. Whether it
be using these tips that we learned in the book to enhance our blog or create a
new way to connect with customers with unmet need, I think that would be a very
helpful exercise.
Honestly, the biggest surprise when I was reading the book
was how much detail it takes to create a successful social media campaign. When
I selected the book, I was expecting it to be a small number of short steps. In
reality it can take quite a while.
Riley, I also read a book focusing in on marketing and social media use. I think it is really interesting to see how much social media has impacted the world of marketing and has become a very important vehicle for advertising and marketing. I like the idea for your exercise as it would be very cool to see what everyone would come up with and how different our approaches would be from one another.
ReplyDeleteThe book you read seems very informative and credible when it comes to social media and how a business should use it. In today’s society, social media has become such a large part of our lives and images that people use it to make their first impressions. That’s why it is important to make sure it is used right and effectively for a business.
ReplyDeleteI agree with your Ah-ha! moment completely. A lot of people have the perception that social media is simple and easy; however, a lot of work and thought goes into a successful social media presence. Obviously I agree with the activity you suggested since the activity I described was very similar.
ReplyDelete